Need to edit your item? View directions here.
PRINTING AT HOME
- Use a PC or Mac to download, save, and print. Phones and tablets can't read color codes in PDFs well and they may print your items incorrectly.
- If you plan to print your PDF items at home, please be sure that your Adobe Reader software is up-to-date. Adobe frequently makes updates and if your software is not current, the files may not print correctly on your home printer.
- When printing from a PDF, be sure to select "Actual size" in the print options so the size prints correctly.
- We suggest printing on card stock paper for most items, more specifically invitations, thank you cards, announcements, and any other item that may need to be mailed or used as décor.
- If you are printing on card stock paper at home, change your paper type to Card Stock, Thick 2, or Thick 3. If those are not options through your printer, choose Premium. You will also need to change the paper quality to Best. This will slow your printer down so that the ink can print on the thicker paper more effectively.
- Most items include crop marks or trim lines to help you cut your item down to the correct size and/or shape.
- If you are printing a double-sided file, it may be best to print the fronts first, allow them time to dry, and then flip them over to print the backs.
- If you are printing a uniquely shaped invitation, the backside will be a full-page print and not shaped like the front initially. This is to ensure that when you use the front as a guide for cutting, that the backside will be the full pattern and that no trim lines will be showing on the back after cutting.
- Always print a proof first before printing multiples of your item(s).
- If the colors are very different from what you see on screen (ex: the invite is purple, but printing in pink), you likely need to update your Adobe Reader software. Because these files are created using the most recent versions, older versions of the software may not translate color codes accurately to your printer, resulting in faded coloring or completely different colors altogether.
PRINTING THROUGH A PRINT SHOP
- Please use a PC or Mac to download, save, and print. Phones and tablets can't read color codes in PDFs well and they may print your items incorrectly.
- Ask the print shop to print using Adobe Reader. If they require a different file type, please contact us.
- We suggest printing on card stock paper for most of our items, more specifically invitations, thank you cards, announcements, and any other item that may need to be mailed or used as décor.
- Most of our files print multiple items per standard 8.5x11 page size and cannot be printed as photo prints. This means that if you plan to print at a store like Staples, Kinkos, or Office Depot*, that you will need to have copies printed on 8.5x11 card stock paper. See below for a list of suggested places to have the files printed as well as places that will not accept these files.
- If you go in person to print, if possible, always ask to see a printed proof first before printing multiples of your item(s).
- Most of our items include crop marks or trim lines to help you cut your item down to the correct size and/or shape.
- If you are printing a onesie or uniquely shaped invitation, the backside will be a full-page print and not shaped like the front initially. This is to ensure that when you use the front as a guide for cutting, that the backside will be the full pattern and that no trim lines will be showing on the back after cutting.
- If your item is a onesie or other die cut design, please note that print shops will not cut the invitation due to the shape. Some manual work is required on your end with the cutting, but the cost savings is unbeatable. However, if you prefer not to print and cut, please contact us and we will put you in touch with our partner Etsy shop that can print, cut, and ship any of our die cut designs.
Because most of our items are created with multiple prints per standard 8.5x11 (A4) page size, you can print them anywhere that can print on this size paper, including most standard home printers. Card stock paper is suggested. These items can't be printed through a photo lab due to the size and file type. If you need a single JPG (photo) file to print at a photo lab, please follow Option 1 on our Evite Creation page.
SUGGESTED PRINT SHOPS:
• Home and office printers (be sure to have sufficient ink and to follow the suggestions above)
• Staples (in-store and online)
• Kinkos (in-store and online)
• Office Depot (in-store only*)
• Any local print shop that can print PDF files on 8.5x11 (A4) paper size
SHOPS THAT WON'T ACCEPT THE PDF TEMPLATES:
• Vistaprint (needs very specific dimensions and file types)
• Walmart (only prints photo files)
• Walgreens (only prints photo files)
• CVS (only prints photo files)
• Costco (mainly prints photo files and needs very specific sizes for non-photo type items)
• Sam's Club (mainly prints photo files and needs very specific sizes for non-photo type items)
• Office Depot online*
• Zazzle (If you prefer to order prints and have them mailed to you, most of our items are also for sale through our Zazzle store.)
You will not be able to use any invitation template system like Vistaprint or Shutterfly unless you worked with us on a custom order where we provided files for these systems. These types of websites require single files in very specific dimensions. If you need to print through these sites, please contact us. If the site/store you plan to use accepts 5x7 dimensions, please see Option 1 on our Evite Creation page.
*Although you can print with Office Depot, you must take the files into a location near you to have them printed. Their online printing portal will strip the template of all editable areas leaving only the background image and the original non-editable text. If you would still like to use their online printing system, we will need to flatten your edited file beforehand. After editing and saving your file as a new PDF, email it to email@example.com along with your invoice number and we will email you back a single high-resolution JPG file. This must be done within a reasonable time of purchasing the template from our Etsy shop. We will typically email the file back the same day. If we don't respond within 48 hours, please contact us via Etsy conversation as our email provider places emails from new contacts in to our spam folder occasionally. This file can be used as an evite and to print at a photo lab or other 5x7 invitation template system.
Please see our FAQ page or contact us via Etsy conversation or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are available Monday – Friday from 9am – 5pm and Saturdays from 10am – 2pm. We are off on Sundays and all major US holidays.