Need to edit your item? View directions here.
1. I can edit my template, but it won't save with the new information. How can I save my information?
If you have the template open on a PC or MAC and you are still unable to edit or you have edited the file but it won't save, it may be one of the below issues:
If you have ensured that you have and are using Adobe Reader DC but you are still having issues with saving the new information, please take a photo of the template open on your system and send it to us via Etsy conversation or by email at email@example.com. We will need to see the entire screen from top to bottom to help assess potential issues.
2. How can I edit my PDF template on my phone or tablet?
Although many devices allow you to view PDF files, they do not have the editing capabilities to properly edit and save PDF templates. Tablet-based laptops such as a Chromebook will not work either as many of them use application-based versions of software instead of the full versions that PCs and MACs use.
3. How can I see my file without the blue highlights and will they print?
The blue highlights will not print. Only your text will print. To remove the blue highlights so you can see what your file looks like without them, follow the below steps:
4. I would like to send my invitation as an evite by text, email, or on social media. How can I do this?
See our Evite Creation page for instructions on how to save your file as a single JPG file to be used as an evite that can be sent via text, email, or on social media.
5. I can see the template on my screen, but it won't allow me to edit.
If you have the template open on a PC or MAC and you are still unable to edit, it may be one of the below issues:
6. I can edit my template, but it won't allow me to change the font or text size. How can I do this?
If you prefer a different font, text color, and/or text size, highlight or click into the text box you wish to change and select CTRL+E (PC) or COMMAND+E (MAC). An editor box will appear. This may take a moment to appear. If you have done this, but the editing box will not appear, you may have an older version of Adobe Reader. This function only works in Adobe Reader DC. See #5 for troubleshooting suggestions.
7. What are my options for printing my items?
Because most of our items are created with multiple prints per standard 8.5x11 (A4) page size, you can print them anywhere that can print on this size paper, including most standard home printers. Card stock paper is suggested. These items can't be printed through a photo lab due to the size and file type. If you need a single JPG (photo) file to print at a photo lab, please follow Option 1 on our Evite Creation page.
SUGGESTED PRINT SHOPS:
SHOPS THAT WON'T ACCEPT THE PDF TEMPLATES:
You will not be able to use any invitation template system unless you worked with us on a custom order where we provided files for these invitation systems. You will also be unable to use other template-based websites such as Vistaprint and Shutterfly. These websites require single files in very specific dimensions. If you need to print through these sites, please contact us. If the site/store you plan to use accepts 5x7 dimensions, please see Option 1 on our Evite Creation page.
8. I am trying to order prints online through Office Depot, but my text is not visible. Why?
Although you can print with Office Depot, you must take the files into a location near you to have them printed. Their online printing portal will strip the template of all editable areas leaving only the background image and the original non-editable text. If you would still like to use their online printing system, we will need to flatten your edited file beforehand. After editing and saving your file as a new PDF, email it to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your invoice number and we will email you back a single high-resolution JPG file. This must be done within a reasonable time of purchasing the template from our Etsy shop. We will typically email the file back the same day. If we don't response within 48 hours, please contact us via Etsy conversation as our email provider places emails from new contacts in to our spam folder occasionally. This file can be used as an evite and to print at a photo lab or other 5x7 invitation template system.
9. Why isn't the backside of my invitation shaped like front?
If you are printing a onesie or uniquely shaped invitation, the backside will be a full page print and not shaped like the front initially. This is to ensure that when you use the front as a guide for cutting, that the backside will be the full pattern and that no trim lines will be showing on the back after cutting.
10. My item is printing differently than what I'm seeing on my screen. Why?
There can be many reasons, but if you are printing from a PDF, please note that your Adobe Reader software must be up to date or it may not print correctly on a home or a commercial printer. A free, up-to-date version can always be found at get.adobe.com/reader.
Computers also use a different color coding system (RGB) than printers (CMYK). So even though your items should print very closely to what you see on screen, there may be some very minor differences.
If the color of your invitation is printing very different than what's shown in our shop, please take a photo of the printed image and contact us via Etsy conversation with the image attached. A photo of the printed version must be provided in order for me to provide assistance.
11. There's a little black box with a white plus sign on my template and it's printing. Why?
This little black box indicates that there is too much text in that particular text box. There are two ways to resolve this issue depending on the root cause:
12. I edited the template on a PC/MAC and emailed it to myself for printing. When I opened as an attachment on my phone, the template is blank. Why?
The template can only be edited and opened with the details in place on a PC or MAC in the latest version of Adobe Reader. If the template is opened in any other PDF reading software or on a hand-held device, the details may be skewed or completely gone.
13. The print shop I'm using can't open the files because it is password protected. Why?
All of our files are password protected to prevent them from being opened in design editing software such as Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop. The file can only be opened, edited, and printed using the latest version of Adobe Reader. If the print shop you are using is attempting to open the file in a different program, please ask them to use Adobe Reader. If they open it in Adobe Reader, they cannot click on the "Edit" button. This will also ask for a password.
14. The template looks skewed on the computer at the print shop I'm using. Why?
If the print shop you are using is attempting to open the file in a different program other than Adobe Reader, please ask them to use Adobe Reader. It may look wrong in any other PDF reading software. A good way to tell if the file is opened in the correct program (Adobe Reader) is if the blue highlighted* boxes are still over the editable text areas. If the blue boxes are not visible, the file is likely not opened in the correct program. *Some systems use a different color highlight, but one should still be visible.
15. Why does it ask for a password when I click the "Edit" button in Adobe Reader?
The "Edit" button doesn't need to be clicked in order for you to edit the editable text boxes provided in the template. The "Edit" button in Adobe Reader allows extra editing functions which are prohibited for these designs. Only the editable text boxes may be edited and only in Adobe Reader DC.
16. How do I add two names to my editable invitation using the same font as the first name?
1. While in the template, highlight and copy (Ctrl+C) the name from line one
2. Then click into the second text box and highlight that text
3. Paste (Ctrl+V) the text you copied from box one into box two
4. Then edit the text as needed
5. To modify font, text size, or text color, click into the box you wish to modify and select Ctrl+E (this will only work using Adobe Reader DC)